The post-COVID 19 world is expected to see substantial growth in e-commerce and increased demand for strategically located bulk industrial, e-commerce fulfillment, and last mile space.
Mericle hopes Walmart will utilize Mericle Commercial Real Estate Services as a trusted resource should you be in need of space along Pennsylvania’s northern I-81 Corridor.
We are pleased to present to you 10 reasons why we think a Mericle building in Northeastern Pennsylvania (NEPA) will be the right fit for your company.
1. Strategic Location
- I-81, I-80, I-84, I-380, and I-476 meet in NEPA. I-78 is a short drive away.
- NEPA is two hours from New York City and Philadelphia.
- 51 million people live within 200 miles.
2. Development Experience
- Mericle was founded in Wilkes-Barre, PA in 1985.
- We have developed 135 industrial, flex, office, and medical buildings in NEPA totaling 24 million SF.
- More than 200 companies with 16,000+ employees occupy those buildings.
- We are a vertically-integrated, “master builder” and self-perform all of our projects.
- We employ 250 skilled professionals including architects, engineers, and craftsmen skilled in all of the building trades.
- Our in-house Property Management Department will take care of your building and landscaping and is on call 24-7 to serve you in case of an emergency.
SOME MERICLE TENANTS AND CLIENTS
3. Great Selection
- We have a wide range of existing industrial and flex spaces available from 6,000 SF to more than 500,000+ SF.
- We have fully racked, Class A, bulk industrial space available.
- We have constructed the majority of our 135 buildings on speculation and are always adding new space to our portfolio.
- We own thousands of acres in NEPA for future spec and build-to-suit projects.
4. Quick Occupancy
- We are fast track experts and have never missed a tenant’s occupancy deadline in our 35+ year history.
- As a self-performing master builder, we cut out the subcontractors (“profit centers”) that slow projects down and drive costs up.
- We will customize an industrial space to your exact specifications in record time.
5. Quality Space
Hallmarks of Mericle space include:
- High ceilings
- Reinforced floors
- Energy efficient lighting and heating
- Wide column spacing
- ESFR fire protection
- Modern loading
- Deep truck courts with dolly pads
- Abundant employee and trailer parking
SAMPLE MERICLE INTERIOR
6. Strong, Reliable Utilities
All Mericle bulk industrial buildings are equipped with:
- Fiber service
- Up to 4000 amps of power
- Municipal sanitary sewer
- Natural gas heat
- Strong water pressure (pressure reducers sometimes required)
7. Affordable Lease Rates
On average, Mericle bulk industrial lease rates are:
- 50% of average industrial lease rates in NJ
- 55% of average industrial lease rates in suburban Maryland
- 76% of average industrial rates in Philadelphia
- and 87% of average industrial lease rates in the Lehigh Valley in PA
8. Lower Taxes
- Annual industrial real estate taxes in NEPA are quite low, typically less than $0.75 per square foot.
- Annual industrial real estate taxes in NEPA are about 50% of those in New Jersey.
- Annual industrial real estate taxes in NEPA are about 60% of those in the Lehigh Valley.
- Many Mericle available industrial buildings are in Local Economic Revitalization Tax Abatement (LERTA) zones and offer a 10-year, 100% real estate tax abatement on improvements.
- A company that leases a 400,000 SF Mericle industrial building in a LERTA zone can be expected to save approximately $2.9 million in real estate taxes over 10 years.
9. Excess Capacity During Your Busy Seasons
- Because we are always building on spec and adding to our portfolio, we have the capacity to provide you with overflow, month-to-month space during your peak, seasonal crunch times.
- We can also provide you with short term, overflow trailer parking during peaks in your business
10. Additional Benefits
- We have a large inventory of racking from past tenants that we will make available to you at no cost.
- We will provide free architectural and engineering design services to you during your consideration of our buildings.
- We will provide many services to help you find and train your employees.
- Through our in-house, regional quality of life initiative DiscoverNEPA, we will help your key employees relocate to our area.
100-170 Patriot Drive
403,000 SF on 47.34 Acres
CenterPoint Commerce & Trade Park East, Pittston Township, PA
Expandable to 527,000 SF
Best Use: Industrial
Tax Abatement: LERTA (10 years, 100% on improvements)
Excellent access to I-81, I-476